We’re WOW, a new innovative retail concept on a mission to make retail exciting again!
WOW aims to become the global go-to marketplace for early adopters to discover what’s new. In short, we’re an omni channel platform that combines unique physical locations and an online marketplace (WOWShop.com) and partners with Direct to Consumer brands and established brands to create unique retail experiences.
With a very customer centric approach, our goal is to constantly surprise our clients with outstanding customer experiences and carefully curated product selections, from established brands to up and coming designers. We’re here for the crazy ones, the early adopters, the ones who see things differently and want to experiment, try new things and are open to be surprised.
Launched in 2020 and backed by VC FJLabs we’ve secured our first location in Madrid, with plans to open late 2021. The building has 5.500 sqm and is located at the city center in Gran Via, Spain’s first and Europe’s third most busy street in terms of footfall.
What You’ll Do
- Creating and developing a strategic long term plan for the development of the Category.
- Developing an exit strategy for unsuccessful products
- Overseeing a team of Brand Specialists and other support staff
- Building and driving relationships with key vendors to improve pricing and quality of services.
- Becoming a leader in the Category ranging, pricing and promotions accross channels.
- Placing appropiate orders to ensure product availability meets demand
- Leading Category management projects to optimise ranges and related merchandising.
- Collaborating with merchandisers to expand product categories
- Creating forecast for product demand by Brand to ensure sustainability of inventory.
- Managing Budget Development and revenue Category
- Developing strong working relationships with Marketing & Communiation and Phygital
Who You Are
- An influential person with strong people skills, who keeps strategy front of mind
- An agile mind, strong communication and negotiation skills are self-evident for you. Solid experience of developing strategic relationships and managing internal and external stakeholders, whilst working within cross functional teams, maintaining engagement and ensuring commercial momentum
- You see the bigger picture. Your sense of perspective drives your decision-making
- You are the best team player
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers and products
- You are technically and analytically savvy and know how to synthesize data into significant key insights
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have a scrappy, roll-up-your-sleeves willing to take action attitude
- A person who does not accept ‘average’ or ‘ok’, and believes that only excellence is acceptable
- A natural collaborator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Action Oriented: proactive and able to move projects forward without continuous motivation or direction
Experience You Bring
- You hold an advanced degree in Business, Management, Economics and related fields
- + 4 years experience in highly dynamic and fast-paced environments as a national, regional or global sales leader, combining the delivery of strategic business planning, go-to-market planning with a proven track record of sales growth success
- You are truly customer-centric, backed by strong commercial acumen
- Proven experience building positive working relationships, cross-functional teams, including demonstrated success in managing and influencing without direct authority
- You’re fluent in English (both written and spoken) and Spanish. A third language is a plus
- You have at least 4 years of experiencie in Home category and retail industry
All for one, one for all is part of our DNA, hence, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the growth of a company with a very big ambition at a very early stage
- Join a company where people come first in a young and unbeatable work dynamic environment and great talent where we truly live our values
- Join a team of co-founders and investors with a successful company-building track record